Sunday 3 August 2008

What the Caked Crusader chose to bake to this week (2 August 2008)

I was in the mood for loud singalong music today so, for me, that defaults to Ben Folds Five. I’ve raved about their piano-centric, catchy, humorous songs before so will try not to repeat myself.

One interesting (well, to me) story proving the power of publicity, however minor: I recently had a de-clutter and decided that, as I was a proper adult now I really didn’t need to keep hold of all the CD singles I had acquired over the years. The CCD (Caked Crusader’s Da) helped me take the boxes to the charity shop and looked in horror at the top CD exclaiming, “you’re getting rid of Ben Folds Five? But you’ve said on your blog how great they are!” The chances of the CCD, pre-my blog, having a clue about Ben Folds Five would have been about as likely as me turning down a slice of cake because I wasn’t in the mood for cake i.e. exceedingly unlikely.

No comments: