Sunday 17 January 2010

Things that have pleased me greatly this week....


Thing 1

My new best friends – the lovely ladies at Discountcoder.com - heard that the CCD and CCU (Caked Crusader’s Da and Uncle) were celebrating a landmark birthday later this year and sent me these gorgeous tins to help me make their birthday cake. See if you can guess how old they’ll be?

I’ll post further updates when I’ve used the tins in April. Thanks Discountcoder ladies; you’ve made my day! Incidentally, if you’re looking to make purchases online or in shops why not check out their website and see if you can save some money? It only takes a second!

Thing 2

I do love a bargain but hate sales shopping. However, I found myself in Selfridges this weekend and couldn’t believe the bargain I came across (purely by chance). This gorgeous Marc Jacobs for Waterford Crystal bowl should cost £195. Now that’s a lot of money for a bowl – even if it is lovely. The price I paid? £39. I am now planning which trifle to make in it!

Thing 3

Those who know me know that I love cake tins and successful shopping trips. I also love dogs so this picture really made me laugh. I know just how he feels!

funny pictures of dogs with captions
see more
dog and puppy pictures

It's been a good week!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I hadn't heard of Discountercode website before - thanks for introducing us to it!

Cakelaw said...

Great cake tins - can't wait to see the cakes you make in them.